In current times, dietary supplements are getting popular each passing day. Multivitamins are quite appealing to fill the gaps between your nutritional requirements and actual intake. There is no doubt that multivitamins can’t fulfill all your diet requirements, they are just an addition to your actual diet. There are mixed opinions about the notion that Multivitamins are beneficial or not.
According to Dr. Howard Sesso, associate professor of epidemiology at Harvard School of Public Health, “There are potential benefits and there are no known risks at this time, “It is worth considering a multivitamin as part of a healthy lifestyle.”
Multivitamins are a mixture of essential vitamins and minerals. Dr. Sesso claims that a multivitamin is a pill that provides essential vitamins and minerals at the relatively low levels that the body normally requires.
If you are taking a well-balanced diet, there is no requirement for multivitamins. However, there are certain situations where they become essential.
- People with a restrictive diet due to personal preferences, medical conditions, or lack of availability. It might be difficult to get adequate nutrients in such conditions. They should consider taking the option of multivitamins.
- People who suffer from absorptive disorders.
- People who have issues with the gastrointestinal tract. They might have difficulty absorbing essential nutrients from food items due to damage inlining of the intestines. A multivitamin will provide additional nutrients to avoid deficiency.
- Women trying to conceive or are pregnant should take prenatal vitamins with a physician’s guidance. They contain high amounts of nutrients that are essential for a baby’s healthy development.
People who fall out of the above-mentioned categories can also take multivitamins as an ‘insurance policy. Multivitamins are a way to ensure that all their nutritional requirements are met.
As per researches, the effect of long-term multivitamins use n healthy men are concluded as:
- Vision: People who take multivitamins daily have a lower risk of developing cataracts.
- Cancer: Men were 8% less likely to be diagnosed with cancer.
- Cardiovascular disease: Multivitamins keep your heart healthy.
- Brain: No protection against memory loss
- Increased energy levels: We feel lethargic when our body doesn’t meet their required nutrition criteria. Regular multivitamin capsules can help you keep a healthy lifestyle.
- Boosts immune system: Multivitamins capsules have combinations of vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin D. These are known to strengthen the immune system.
- Maintains Muscle strength: Free radicals are responsible for muscle aging. These can be destroyed by antioxidants. Multivitamins contain these antioxidants that can keep the free radicals in check.
- Brain function: vitamins like B12 and fatty acids help prevent memory loss and improves brain function.
- Control stress and depression: Vitamin B stimulates the nervous system to produce stress hormones that reduce stress. Acquiring enough vitamins and minerals improves brain function responsible for mood.
- Skin Benefits: Vitamin E and Vitamin C help your skin to glow and reduce aging. They help the skin to retain natural oils to prevent dryness.
- Healthy Hairs: Vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E, and a few other minerals are essential for healthy hair growth. They are present in multivitamins.
Our body can get all the essential nutrients from a good diet. However, sometimes it gets hard to manage a balanced diet due to various reasons. To make sure that the body is not deprived of essential nutrients, multivitamins are a good option. They can be taken along with your regular diet. However, always consult a doctor before making them a part of your regular diet.