This is for the first time in a while that everyone is advised to stay at home. The Coronavirus pandemic has changed our lives in many ways. Staying and working from home is one of them. However, it is not easy to stay at home. In the words of Dr. Goldberg, “It is unnatural not to be able to go outdoors and psychologically stressful.”
However, here are the tips to stay healthy emotionally and mentally at Home:
1. Stay active and Commit to Daily Exercise:
“Even small amounts of physical activity can do make a difference in your health.”- Dr. Onishi
Staying at home means you are programmed to sit in one place. It results in fewer steps than usual. To stay active, take some trips to the stairs or take a walk inside the home. Follow some exercise routines. There are various YouTube videos available you can download as per your body requirements. Commit to daily exercise.
2. Plan Your Meals:
While everything out there seems out of control, having planned means can give you a sense of control. Don’t skip your meals. Stick to your normal schedule and have at least three meals a day. Include healthy options like fruits and vegetables, whole grain or starch, and a protein-rich diet.
● Focus on Whole grain food: Fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, legumes, and whole grains are healthy and your body loves them. A good and healthy diet is an immune booster.
● Think before you Eat: one must need to understand the difference between actually being hungry, or eating in response to stress or boredom. Take 15 minutes to think about your cravings. Limit alcohol intake and unhealthy snacking. Add refreshing health drinks to your own diet. They will help you boost your immune system and keep you full of energy.
● Healthy Snacking: Stack your refrigerator with healthy, wholesome, nutritious food. Avoid processed foods and drinks that are high in sugar, sodium, or fat. Replace soft drinks with healthy substitutes and juice.
● Don’t Starve yourself: In the words of Dr. Onishi, “If you let yourself get very hungry, you tend to make poor choices.” Therefore, make sure to have timely and nutritious food.
● Refuel your body and skin: Include supplements in your diet to make sure it gets all the required nutrients. Sometimes, it is hard to manage the required diet. Food supplements help to fulfill those requirements. Include Vitamins and electrolytes as they help you to boost your energy and benefit your skin, nails, and immune system.
3. Drink enough water, Stay Hydrated:
It is possible that you go all day without drinking water due to a drastic change in schedule. Keep your water bottles with you all day and sip regularly. It is good to have at least 3 liters of water every day. Along with water, there are various hydrating drinks available in the market, that help your body stay hydrated and fresh.
4. Stay in touch with your friends:
Mental health is as important as physical health. A healthy mind results in a healthy body. Not able to go out might create a feeling of helplessness. This might be distressful. However, this stress can be managed by keeping up your social connections, with video calls, phone calls, zoom meetings, gaming sessions, etc. Grab the opportunity of staying up at home to get into a new hobby.
5. Stay Mindful, Practice mindfulness:
It is high time to roll out your yoga mats. It is a combination of physical and mental exercise. The best thing about yoga is that you don’t need to be a professional yogi to reap the benefits. It holds the power to calm the mind and strengthen the body. Play your favorite music. It soothes the ears and calms down the mind.
6. Keep your mind active:
Don’t let your mind stay idle for long. Catch up on reading, listen to your favorite podcasts, solve puzzles, or pick out a hobby. Find ways to get involved in doing things you actually enjoy. Find ways to laugh.
7. Make a to-do list:
Set your goals, write down your tasks to be performed the next day. Make plans and try to accomplish those. A completed stressful task gives a sense of accomplishment. Maintain a journal. Write down your accomplishments, thoughts, and feelings. Write things that you are grateful for.
There are several aspects of life that are beyond our control. In times of pandemic, make sure to do your bit by following protocols, such as staying at home, practicing social distancing, and washing your hands. However, it is important to focus on your health, both physical and mental. By following these simple tips, you and your family can get through these times in excellent ways. A nutritious diet is an important body requirement, to stay healthy. Include health supplements from J-Gen that help you boost your immunity and fuels your body.
You can take care of your family only when you, yourself are healthy.